top of page

royaldiadem Group

Public·33 members
Archipp Zakharov
Archipp Zakharov

Windows 10 April Update (Version 1803): (Upgrade-) FAQ

[German]On April 30, 2018 Microsoft surprisingly released Windows 10 April Update (version 1803) not only for download, but also via Windows Update. In a FAQ I would like to answer some questions (how long does the rollout take, how do I get the update directly etc.).

Windows 10 April Update (Version 1803): (Upgrade-) FAQ

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fmiimms.com%2F2u7b8Q&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw3tJGwSBXPeV_ACXwgvCHDt

In Windows 10 Home, the feature update must be blocked manually. I had discussed this within the blog article How to block Windows 10 updates. In this case, the feature update to Windows 1803 need to be blocked. You can also set the Internet connection to 'Metered' to prevent the download. Woody Leonhard has collected a few hints in this ComputerWorld article.

When Windows Update is opened, click on the "Check for updates" button and let Windows 10 see what updates are available. If you see an update named "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803", this is the April 2018 Update and it will start to download and install.

So to your point, otto wang, no, the update from 1803-1809 is not failing. I was wondering how that update is even undertaken. No registry values were changed under the OS, just in in the install as the trigger to fire off the prerequisite installation.

The Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) has finally arrived, and it's rolling out worldwide as a free update for compatible desktops, laptops, and tablets. The new version is the fifth major refresh that Microsoft is releasing (the first of two updates coming out this year), and it delivers a new set of features and changes to improve productivity, performance, and security.

As you try to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1803, you may see a message that reads: Error: The update isn't applicable to your computer. This message indicates that your device doesn't have the required updates installed to support the new version.

Once the new version has been installed, and you're in the out-of-box experience (OOBE), connect your computer to the internet and finalize the update. Then check for updates on Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and click the Check for Updates button to download and install any available patch for version 1803.

My pc just updated to the april update. But I've noticed a few things. First of all, it seemed to remove my nvidia gpu completely which is weird. I can't even right click on the screen where you can usually see the nvidia stuff.

This non-feature update addresses a handful of minor issues, including fixing a problem that caused high CPU usage and performance degradation on some systems with Family 15h and 16h AMD processors, and fixing another one that significantly reduced battery life after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1803, the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

This update addresses a variety of issues, including several security problems. It fixes a problem that stops the GameBar from launching and also adds support for the SameSite cookie web standard to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Among other changes, it also addresses an issue in which some systems started up to a black screen. That occurred because previous updates to Windows 10 version 1803 were incompatible with specific versions of PC tune-up utilities after installation.

There is a known issue in this update, in which some users running Windows 10 version 1803 may receive an error "An invalid argument was supplied" when accessing files or running programs from a shared folder using the SMBv1 protocol. To work around the problem, enable SMBv2 or SMBv3 on both the SMB server and the SMB client, as described in KB2696547.